Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Turnstilers.


 Yesterday marks the end of my journey in USS, Turnstiles. I remember how this place was so stranger to me, coming in as a new intern with my fellow LRMs. I was afraid to be posted alone to a department and hoping that at least a fellow LRM will be in the same department as me. Then I came to find out, I was posted to this department called Turnstiles, alone. At the beginning, I was lost, "What is turnstiles?", I asked myself. I did guessed that it could be something that can be 'turn' (as from the word turnstiles). Yes, I was very upset that I am alone in turnstiles. But, I still tell myself to take what it comes and face it.


  From the day of induction to playing rides in the park to trying on new uniform, all was well and enjoyable. I could still remember the lead who guided me was Hui Juan. She made me feel comfortable with the work environment and was very friendly to me. I thought to myself, isn't it a good start? :) Then I came to realised that there were 6 other interns from different poly. Daphne, Amanda, Wai Yip, Jesslyn, Myra were from RP and Caroline was from NP while I am the only one from TP. Being an intern, I was really cautious of my words because I didn't want to offend anybody that may or may not affect my grades somehow. Slowly, I got bonded with the 6 other interns and at that period, most of the noon shifts were almost covered by us because the casuals opted for morning shifts instead? We meet almost everyday doing noon shifts and seem to start enjoying working at turnstiles more and more. It becomes like a daily routine for me, just like having your 3 meals everyday. From a normal crew, to learning greeter and cashier and followed by runner, it was fun-filled internship together with my fellow turnstilers. Just look at some of the photos during our working days... full of memories! (P/S: Quite a few Joel's photos because I thought he's quite funny inside!)

Photo credits: From Awesome Turnstilers!

P.S: I hope you guys don't mind me posting your photos here! :X






HE is lying everywhere!!






  Waking up for internship used to be a chore for me because I am talking about 5 plus in the morning. However, it was the people who motivated me to work and of course, reality - my grades. I wouldn't say it was totally happiness. There were politics too, which job doesn't? But we learnt to give and take. At that time, Joel was just a casual. He became to blend into us interns and some thought he used to be intern too! Haha, now that was really funny. As for the sparks and all, I guess I don't have to say since I mentioned it before in one of my blogpost. Meeting my fellow turnstilers, was one of the greatest gift that life has given to me. We were a bunch of turnstilers, mixed with wide range of ages and personalities yet we still get along well even though there were hiccups along the way. Besides work, we get even bonded with each other by having meetups for lunch, dinner and/or even supper outside! But good times never last, my internship ended like a blink of an eye. What exactly makes me wanna convert to casual? The turnstilers. These people, changed my mind who first dislike going to work and never thought of coming back as casual to someone who didn't hesitated to come back and continue working.

  Also not forgetting the Boss who went through the journey with us, Thiro! You have been a wonderful boss and thank you for your guidance! Today, I bid goodbye to this wonderful, fun-loving place that brought me through a roller coaster ride fora year and more. Thank you for the memories and the laughters we shared. You turnstilers will be dearly missed by me and I wish y'all the best for your future! Till we meet again! :)


xoxo.

No comments: