Thursday, August 09, 2012

The baby who was born on National Day, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

#A day to be joyous for me and every Singaporean. 
Happy Birthday, Joel! Happy Birthday, Singapore! 

  Have been cracking my brain on what to get for the boy's birthday. Due to budget constraints, this year, I decided to make it simple. I'm pretty disappointed in myself for not putting aside sufficient time to plan his birthday. Yet, this easily satisfied boy always say, "Everything you do, I'll like. It's the thought that counts. As long as I can spend time with you, doing anything doesn't matter." But, being a perfectionist, I always want to give him the best celebration. The whole birthday plan was pretty impromptu but I'm glad that it still went well despite a few hiccups along the way. 


Bought some colourful papers to DIY. Thankfully, there was one birthday themed with some stickers in it.


Allowing my creative juices to flow and within a day, how taxing it was. 


  Decided to make this the first page and add a little ribbon onto it. Failed, because the ribbon just keeps coming off easily! I forgotten to take a photo of the final product of the card I made for him, maybe some other time when I managed to take photos of it! 


  The birthday cake from Bengawan Solo. As I said, because of budget constraints, I couldn't get his fav. durian cake! I knew he wanted it but no choice I had to get his second fav. chocolate cake! I decided to give him a lil surprise by popping into his house! 

  We planned to meet at 12:30pm at the mrt station as usual but I woke up earlier to get the cake and head over to his house. Thankfully his maid opened the door and not him, if not the surprise wouldn't be successful! Aftermath, we secretly light up the candles and his maid went to call him out. He didn't expected anything!!! SURPRISE! The boy was like, "Why you so early?", HAHA! His reaction totally made me laughed. So, a year has passed and the boy turned 22 years old now! ;)


Polaroids! Glad that he like the present and card! :)


A photo with the national birthday boy! Our #ootd was pink and blue - female and male! :D


More polaroids w love!


By the time we reached Marina Sq, it was about 3 plus. So we decided to have a quick lunch at Jack's Place since the boy never dine in before. We had some problems searching for the restaurant because Marina Sq is like a maze! :O


Acting cool like a boss.


Us with our lunch, time to dig in! 
P.S. why my face so round.


He chose the pepper steak instead of the one that my King had the other time!


As usual, I had my FishNChips, pretty disappointed because Civic Centre's taste much softer! Our lunch lasted for 10 mins (eating) and 15mins (waiting), we were racing against time because our movie starts at 3:45PM and forgetting how long does GV's ad last.


  We caught BRAVE in 3D! This show has many ads around, even at Nuffnang website! Being an animation fan, I definitely won't miss this! The funny thing is, both of us didn't know about the content but just a girl who appears to be an archer (as what is shown on the ad). Joel thought I knew about this movie but I was like, "I actually don't know what is the content but I think animation should be nice". HAHA, he nothing to say. BRAVE is a good movie, I love the plot of the story, 4.5/5 ratings for it! I wouldn't be a spoiler to disclose any of the movie contents so just go watch it! I teared at one of the scene and Joel said he almost teared too, I laughed! Big boys don't cry! ;)


My fav characters in the movie, the 3 lil cute yet playful boys!! 


HAHA, watch it to find out what happens! :D


I guess someone was craving for ice cream so before we headed to Orchard, we dropped by Gelato for some ice cream! Lucky boy, because it's his birthday, he gets 25% discount on any purchase! 


Peppermint, Tiramisu and Dark Chocolate on a medium cup for just $6+! Life is good when you're eating ice cream, always makes me happy even on bad days!


One of my fav. ice cream brands.


  After our ice cream treat, we headed to Paragon's Sushi Tei to meet up with his family for his birthday celebration! It's my first time dining at Sushi Tei and I would say the food is really awesome and the service is really good! I love Japanese food and does Joel, our fav. and must have is SALMON SASHIMI! A great evening with his family.



:D


One of the must have whenever you visit Sushi Tei, mango sushi roll!



Some Chawamushi for ya? :D


My eyes freeze whenever I see this!





Another favourite of mine, Takoyaki!




Not a fan of sotong, but this sotong is so chewy after cooked! 


Agedashi Tofu, fav fav fav!


Unagi.


I love the colours of the salad, very appetising. Yumyum, more salmon! ;)



Presenting the Avocado dragon roll!


A complimentary birthday treat for Joel! ;)


Happy Birthday, Joel! Stay cheerful, healthy and positive as always! :D
Be safe and sound in Tekong resort and throughout your NS life! 


#makeawish.


Chanced upon this cute lil sweet thing for Armani Junior.


Happy day! :)
P.S. I think I am growing fat, this dress just make me look like a pregnant lady!

  Nonetheless, a great day spent with him and his family! A big thanks to Joel's mommy for the Sushi Tei treat, really awesome! So fortunate to have such a happy pill boyfriend like him. 

  Once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOVE!

xoxo.

No comments: