Happy 1.1 year, Mr. Bear! :D
It's a pity that we couldn't celebrate today together because the country needs you. But, we can always celebrate when you book out, right? What really matters is the time we spend together. As cliché as it sounds, time really flies, we known each other for a year a month. To others, it may seem short but to me, it is my longest relationship and counting.
Honestly, I never knew we would have come thus far due to our totally opposite personalities, a Leo meets a Virgo. You may think I'm superstitious but horoscope are pretty true to an extent, of course, family upbringing and zodiacs also play a part. However, this Leo of mine is different from the rest of the Leos that I met. Yes, he has ego, he wants attention, he is possessive, he is independent, optimistic - just like other Leos. But, he doesn't clinch on his ego as much as I do, he doesn't flirt, he has the greatest patience ever and most importantly he doesn't give up on our relationship. That really showed me how much this relationship means to him. No, I'm not trying to show off how great he is.
Because of all these, I accepted a Leo. What he possesses is opposite of what I possess just like a Leo and Virgo. A good example, optimism. The boy is a very optimistic guy, whereas me, I always think of the negative side, a pessimism. Virgo cannot stop worrying no matter what but Joel always gives me the assurance and encourage me to think of the bright side, making me laugh to feel better. Chatting with him always makes me forget about all the worries I have in mind.
Way before the start of my internship, I had a crush on this guy for pretty long and that was one of the darkest moments I had. I thought we would work out since one of my compatibility is a Scorpio but I was wrong. Going through my internship in a pessimistic mode as per normal until Joel came along. I treated him just like any guy friends, no other feelings, just friends because I don't like to give people wrong feelings. I'm afraid of hurting people so whenever I know someone has a crush on me, I tend to avoid the person so that it doesn't gives the person a wrong impression and hurt his feelings. This is why my guy friends tend to say I am not sociable because I don't really talk or smile to them. Back then, I thought Leos are flirt and Joel is just like any other, who treat every girl the same, making them laugh. As I slowly get to know him, I realised he is different and one incredible fact, he doesn't have any ex girlfriends! One day, I came to realised his impact in my life - I actually didn't think one bit about the guy whenever I'm with Joel because he makes me laugh off my sadness. Then on, I decided to forget the guy because I want to stop all the suffers and slowly, I accepted Joel into my life.
Joel is the first guy that I ever want to introduce to my family, friends and relatives. A guy who can tolerate my temper, my nonsense yet still love and care for me every single day is really a guy worth holding on and to keep. Joel always say he is a lucky guy to have a girlfriend like me but I think it should be the other way round because honestly, good guys are rare gems nowadays and I am really lucky to find one, him.
This 1.1 year has been a pretty rough road for us because we always quarrel over the smallest matters! Most couples always quarrel over big issues right? But for us we don't, how amusing this is. Yet, many times, Joel is the one who always gives in to me and I admit I am quite petty (girl's disease). No idea why, I show my temper so much more to Joel than my friends. I mean shouldn't it be the other way round? At times, I felt that I am not worthy of such a nice guy like him but again and again he didn't want to give up our relationship. I was very touched. He could have find a sweeter, nicer girl yet he still sticks to me. Honestly, I am really grateful to have him in my life, it becomes so meaningful now. Fyi, I may sound like a pathetic but I used to be a loner, going shopping alone, geekgirl at home etc and I seldom hang out with my friends. Please don't judge me because there is a long story behind all these but I just wanna say thank you heaven for sending this gift to me, him.
Trust, is something I have difficulties to have in anyone. At the beginning, I didn't trusted Joel too and even tested him several times to see if he was lying. Virgos are pretty good detectives, so don't try to hide and lie! I may sound very bad to test Joel but all because I wanted to protect my trust. I am a fragile person in relationships, I trusted easily in the past and hurt myself a few times so I learnt my lesson. However, Joel is the most honest person I ever met, deep dead honest. I can immediately tell whether he is lying or not because whenever he tries to plan surprise, most of the time I tend to see through, haha!
Just now, I was on the phone with Joel and after we hang up on the phone, this boy sent me an extremely sweet, loving text. Please don't go around talking about it, I actually hesitated to share about it because I thought this should be between us two and I am a shy person (honestly)! But then, since this post is dedicated to Joel, I shall just post it here! Warning first, it may sound very goosebumpy to you guys but as a girlfriend, it is really sweet to receive such text from my boyfriend! Especially when he rarely send long messages! Hehe.
He said, "Dearest baby before I sleep I wanna say a happy 1.1 year with you! I somehow still can't believe we made it this far. But we still have a long long long way to go right! This year will be a tough year for us because the country needs my protection haha. Therefore, our time spent will be much lesser than the previous year. I love how understanding you are and I'm happy to spend every weekend with you. My weekends with you is more precious and sweet than ever especially after all the tough training in camp and a big smile from you is enough to replenish my energy to chiong again the following week. I realised that after going to ns, I kind of cannot live without you haha. I miss you every single day and night wondering if you are doing ok out there and most importantly your health and safety is my top priority. I love you and I miss you very much. Good night dearest babyj! Sleep well tonight! <3<3<3".
Notice the "kind of cannot live without you" and I was like, "Oh, so you can live without me ah? HAHA!" Sometimes we just like to spoil the moment! Anyway, I never edit anything, it's totally word by word of what he said. Having said so much, I am really grateful to have you in my life. I want to travel the world with you, take care of you, love you, as always. I'll do my best as a girlfriend and let us pull through this two years of hardships while you're in NS. Thank you for all the love and care throughout this 1.1 year and counting!
P/s: I am not really good in expressing myself and my grammar is pte ltd, so pardon me!
xoxo.
No comments:
Post a Comment